We look forward to seeing you for 9am traditional and 10:30am contemporary In-person Worship on Sunday in the Grace Commons Sanctuary!
Sunday School is available at 10:30am for infants-5th grade. Learn more.
Questions & Answers
These are the following guidelines approved by our local health officials and law enforcement.
Do I need to wear a mask or be socially distanced? (Updated Sept 3, 2021)
Boulder County Covid case numbers are at a level of high transmission, even though the county’s vaccination rate is among the highest in the state. The Delta variant is now the dominant variant in the United States and we are advised by local, state and national public health professionals that it is far more transmissible than previous strains of the virus.
On Friday, September 3, Boulder County issued a new Public Health Order which will slightly impact how we worship on Sunday mornings:
- All individuals ages 2 and over are required to wear a mask when in the church building, even if you are fully vaccinated. Please wear your mask if you plan on attending in-person worship.
- Coffee will be served outdoors in the Courtyard bewteen services.
- The west side of the Sanctuary will remain reserved for individuals who prefer to physically distance themselves during worship
- All other pews on the main floor and balcony will be open seating. Social distancing will not be enforced.
- The church is adhering to the Boulder County Public Health Order 2021-08 (which went into effect on Sept 3) and following the lead of Boulder Valley School District which require all individuals age 2 and over to wear a mask when they participate in indoor programs and activities through our Children and Family or Student and Family ministries.
This pandemic is certainly proving to be a roller-coaster ride. As staff and leadership, it is precious to us to be together, in person, even with masks. And, we trust that you will exercise your freedom to choose the best option for you and/ your family at this time, whether worshipping together in-person or online.
What other Grace Commons safety protocols will be in place?
- None of our staff or volunteers will be shaking hands.
- Bring your own Bible as the pew Bibles and hymnals are not currently available.
- The Sanctuary will be sanitized prior to worship.
- Hand sanitizer is located adjacent to all Sanctuary entrances.
- When Communion is celebrated, the Communion elements will be prepackaged and self-serve.
- Giving will be online or in the boxes in the back of the Sanctuary.
Will I still be able to watch the service online?
Livestream Worship will continue to be available each Sunday at 9 & 10:30am.
What can I expect?
- The East doors on 16th Street will be open all morning, starting at 8:30am. The West parking lot doors will be open only the half hour before each service, by 8:30am for the 9am service, and by 10am for the 10:30am service. The Courtyard will not be available for entry.
- If "socially-distant" seating is desired, ushers will be available to direct you to your seat.
- Various seating arrangements will be available for individuals and families.
- When the worship service is over, you may leave when you like and do not need to wait for the ushers to dismiss you.
- Coffee will be served in the Courtyard between services.
Has Grace Commons improved the indoor air quality?
The filters in the HVAC system have been upgraded to the highest quality the system can accommodate. The system has been adjusted to reduce the amount of air being re-circulated and to increase the amount of fresh-air intake.
We have a few questions we'd like you to consider before attending In-person Worship:
- Are you showing any flu-like symptoms?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days?
- Have you had prolonged exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Is there any medical reason why you believe you shouldn’t be around others?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please participate in worship through the live-streamed service.