Short Term Mission Experience in Cuba
Oct 31-Nov 8
Right now, Cuban Christians are starved for the touch and encouragement of non-Cuban Christians. We will seek to feed them by engaging in some proven activities and some new ones we have not experienced in the past, such as:
- Distribute reading glasses to as many people as we have pairs for.
- Assemble and distribute bags of essentials such as rice, beans, cooking oil, powered soap, etc.
- Visit orphanages or homes for the emotionally or physically challenged.
These are just a few of the many things we can do to "feed" those in need. If your faith is weary or you are pretty proud of yourself, this trip to Cuba will allow God to work on both of these issues. God is sustaining our Cuban brothers and sisters and he invites us to join him in the work.
- June 25: Info Meeting at 10:45am in Oerter Hall
- Oct 22: Commissioning during Worship:
- Two team building meetings before the trip TBD.
- The trip will be handled through United Servants Abroad
- Costs: $800 (approximately $100 per day) + estimated $500 airfare (airlines miles can't be used as United Servants Abroad will be making the flight reservations)
Questions? Contact trip leaders, John & Debbi Tucker
Register for trip.