Middle School Mission
With the desire to help those in our community who have been impacted economically by the pandemic, and to keep our students healthy and safe, Middle School leaders have decided to participate in local missions this year.
We invite your student to join us as we come together in the heart of our city. Both projects begin at Grace Commons and space is limited. Each service opportunity provides a unique look into the challenges of those in our midst who are struggling. Join us for one or both and experience the joy and challenge that comes from serving God and others.
Mar 27, 2-4pm
The Deacons' Closet, a Grace Commons outreach to the Boulder community, offers new and gently-used clothing free to those who are in need. On the 27th, students will learn about this important outreach by sorting and organizing the hundreds of weekly donations. Their work will make it possible to efficiently serve Deacons' Closet guests on a Thursday distribution day.
- Sort and organize donations at our Deacons' Closet.
- Limited to 12 students (will work in teams of two).
- Meet at the Annex (NE corner of Walnut and 16th St).
Apr 25, 1-3pm
Meeting the immediate needs of the homeless in our community is an important part of the culture of Grace Commons. Students will prepare a simple portable meal. Teams, which will include at least one adult, will deliver meals to those in need. We will train students in ways to engage in conversations with someone who might need a meal and how to pray with them. Our service will end back at the church for a time to debrief and pray.
- Prepare and serve a meal to those in our community experiencing homelessness.
- Parents are invited to register and join their students for this event.
- Limited to 10 students (plus the parents who want to participate).
- Meet in Oerter Hall in our main building.