March 1, 2020
Sermon Discussion Questions:
1. After learning about the context of this passage, read Jeremiah 29:4–14. What is most surprising to you about this amazing letter from the Lord Almighty to the people of Israel?
2. How do you identify as an exile in your current context? What is good about being an exile? How is being an exile an opportunity to deepen your faith in Christ? What is most difficult for you about being an exile?
3. Consider this definition of discipleship: "living the way of Jesus in your current context at each moment." How would this kind of discipleship call you into being "For Boulder With Love?"
4. How would you describe your engagement with the culture? Describe something about your posture toward your context and Boulder.
5. Read about God’s promises (v.11–14). What strikes you from this section of God’s letter? How might you more fully put yourself in a posture of seeking the Lord with all of your heart?
6. How can “For Boulder With Love” get personal and particular for you? What might the Lord’s invitation be to you? Spend some time talking to one another and the Lord about it.