Grace Commons Students
Student Ministry has been working on with the Grace Commons’ Regathering Leadership Team and we believe that we can now begin to safely open up our midweek program in person at Grace Commons.
Our first Wednesday back in person will be Sept 2 at 7pm!
We want to continue to help your students grow in their faith and community. Please know that in-person opportunities are just ONE OPTION for your student on Wednesday nights. We will still offer our online youth services through our Youtube Channel and all students have the option to connect digitally with their groups like we have been doing since March.
We also offer in-person and “digital” small groups.
Small groups will meet in different rooms and locations throughout our church building.
On Wednesday nights, students will:
- check in for Middle School will be in the West parking lot and High School will be in the courtyard.
- immediately go to their small groups which are located throughout our building.
- watch our recorded program and join small group times from the designated room for the entire scheduled time.
wear masks and keep a physical distance of 6 feet when possible. If a student arrives without a mask, a mask will be provided.
We will still have content online on the Grace Commons Students Youtube channel for those who are not attending in person.
We will have all students check in upon arrival at our entrance for High School or Middle School for attendance and contact tracing recording purposes. Our staff will be equipped with devices to check in every student that arrives in person. Students will not be touching the devices.
IF we discover someone at our event was exposed to COVID, we will immediately notify the students and the families of that small group about the exposure. Families are encouraged to take appropriate actions as recommended by the CDC and Boulder County Health Department.
We will also immediately postpone in-person programming and move back to our digital model for two weeks. We will communicate these changes in a timely manner.
Each small group room will be sanitized to health department standards for Covid-19.
If a student plans to join us in person, here are some guidelines we require they follow:
- Wear a mask while together and practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet (except for immediate family members that came together).
- Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19, or with family members with symptoms, or anyone who has been exposed to someone with symptoms or a confirmed case of Covid-19 should stay home.
- Please take your temperature at home and if it is above 99.9, stay home and contact your doctor.
- If you are in a vulnerable category please carefully consider whether attending a group in person is wise at this point.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.