Interested in Becoming a Trustee?
Please take a look below at the role a Trustee takes at Grace Commons. Then we ask that you prayerfully consider nominating yourself or someone you know to become a Trustee for the class of 2026.recommendation form
To serve the Lord by maintaining a warm, friendly, safe facility for the congregation and to monitor the church financial conditions.
- A person of mature Christian faith.
- Must be a contributing (money, time, and talent) member of Grace Commons Church with regular worship attendance.
- An individual with skills related to business, maintenance of facilities, legal or financial affairs of the church.
- An individual called by God and elected by the congregation.
- Attend the monthly Board of Trustees meeting (fourth Tuesday of each month).
- The time commitment for a Trustee is approximately 10-15 hours a month.
- Serve as the Trustee representative on Trustee or Session committees.
- One trustee will be assigned to serve on the Grace Commons Foundation Board.
- Budget, Congregational
- Information Technology
- The Board of Trustees is composed of nine members. Three Trustees are elected each year for a three-year term.
- The Board of Trustees elects a president, vice president and secretary each year.
- The Board of Trustees advises Session and serves as a resource to the Business Administrator and Facilities Manager.
- The Board of Trustees has responsibility for:
- Reviewing the annual audit.
- Reviewing necessary upgrades to the physical plant
- Supervision of new construction.
- Developing and administering adequate insurance for the church.
- Overseeing technology upgrades
- Advising the Session on the annual proposed budget
- Reviewing staff prepared monthly financial statements
- Reviewing legal documents, contracts, and policies held by Grace Commons Church.