Interested in Becoming a Deacon?
The purpose of a Grace Commons Church Deacon is to minister to those who are in need, the sick, the friendless and to any who may be in distress.
This three year commitment generally takes four hours per month (varies based on committee assignment). The Deacons hold two or fewer meetings per month.
The Deacons' Fund
The Deacons’ Fund allows the Deacons to financially support local outside agencies like Lamb’s Ministry and Mother House as well as vibrant Grace Commons Church supported programs like the Deacons’ Closet, special assistance to those in need, Student leader dinners, Thanksgiving Dinner and Fifth Sunday. The Grace Commons Church Deacons rely exclusively on dedicated contributions to raise about $40,000 annually to do this.
The Deacons serve the Church community and the Boulder County community in the following ways:
- Deacons' Closet
- Preparation of the Lord’s Supper (Communion)
- Visitation of Shut-Ins, Cards to Congregation Members for Life Events, Chancel Flowers and Baby Rosebuds
- Financial support to outside Agencies and Special assistance to Individuals
- Transportation Coordination with Special Transit for Sunday Mornings
- Hospitality during Coffee Hour
- Funeral Support
- Budget, Congregational
- Information Technology