Doorways English School
Since 1981, Doorways has provided international women with an opportunity to engage in instruction in conversational English in a caring and nurturing environment.
When it is safe to return to in-person learning, classes will meet at Grace Commons Church and will include childcare and transportation to and from the church.
Online registration and payment is now open for the 2021 winter/spring semester.
Doorways classes meet online once a week.
Classes will be held at different times to accommodate students’ schedules, so please don't hesitate to request a different day or time if this does not work for you.
Every class level offers students the opportunity for reading, writing, and conversation to reinforce new English language skills.
Each Wednesday from 10–11am students and teachers enjoy a cup of tea during Online Teatime via Zoom. It's a great opportunity to use newly acquired conversational English skills while making new friends.
Teachers introduce different topics from American culture.
When we are able to meet again in person, we will continue to offer a variety of special events and presentations:
- Visits to teachers’ homes.
- Special presentations by outside speakers and fellow students.
- Potlucks and parties.
- Tours of homes decorated for the holidays.
- Optional Bible Fellowship on Mondays.
- Field trips of local points of interest (free for students and their families).
Tuition & Books
- $15 if you have the correct books.
- $30 Level 4 students only.
- $45 if you need to purchase books.
Once you have registered for classes, books can be picked up at Grace Commons Church on Wed, Jan 13. You will be assigned a specific time to come to pick up your books.
Important Winter/Spring Dates
- January 13: Pick up books at Grace Commons Church by appointment (1820 15th St., Boulder, CO 80302).
- January 14 & 15: First class meetings.
- January 20: First all school Tea Time.
- April 21: Last Tea Time.
- April 23: Last class.