Become a Kids Hope Mentor
All children face challenges, but some hurdles are bigger than others, and sometimes kids need a little extra support to build resilience and hope. Our local elementary school needs people willing to build positive, caring, one-on-one relationships with students, to walk alongside them as friends and cheerleaders, and we at Grace Commons, in conjunction with Kids Hope USA, have committed to do just that.
Grace Commons Kids Hope USA mentors (supported by behind-the-scenes prayer partners) spend one hour per week talking, reading, playing and listening to a child at Columbine Elementary in Boulder. Research shows that by helping a child feel loved and valued, the child can better learn, grow, and succeed. Mentors meet with students after school one day a week from 3:30-4:30, with additional time needed to check into school and for closure, and continues throughout the school year. Substitutes are also needed.
- Consistently visit one student for one hour each week during the school day.
- Commit to maintaining confidentiality and following program rules.
- Attend Grace Commons Church regularly.
- Successfully complete the screening and training process.
Prayer Partner Qualifications
- Believe in the power of prayer.
- Faithfully pray for a mentor and student each week.
- Contact the mentor on a regular basis for prayer requests.
Email Grace Commons Kids Hope about how you can become a Kids Hope mentor at Columbine Elementary.